Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lusca and IPv6 - almost there

Today's task - tying together the bits of Lusca's IPv6 work to be able to do an IPv6 AAAA lookup, join it with an IPv4 A lookup, then try to connect to IPv6/IPv4 hosts.

The result:

IP Cache Contents:

Hostname Flg lstref TTL N
www.freebsd.org 4 21595 2( 1) [2001:4f8:fff6::22]-BAD 69.147.83.34-OK

So far, so good. I don't have it yet connecting to IPv6 destinations, but all the right bits are in play to be able to do so.

There's plenty of bits in the Squid-3 DNS code that work around potential bugs/gotchas in DNS vs EDNS handling when handling some of the larger IPv6 record replies seen in the real world. I'm going to commit what I have thus far and then look at leveraging what they've done.

2 comments:

  1. good news, but I have not tried to apply ipv6, my network is still using 1pv4.
    yoetama

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete